PreSonus has announced the release of Notion 5, a major update to its notation software with a user interface redesign to watch Studio one and support for retina screens and Windows 8 touch.
Notion 5 now also comes with Native Effects Limiter, Compressor and Pro EQ plug-ins.
Steinberg have announced the release of Wavelab Version 8.5 featuring improvements in workflow and batch editing.
Featuring real time comparison of codecs including AAC formats and exporting to multiple formats at once.
IK Multimedia have released the iRig BlueBoard Developer’s Manual to aid developer intending to integrate the iRig Blueboard with IOS apps.
The developers manual and license agreement is free to get a copy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Positive Grid have announced an update to JamUp for iOS including three new expansions Vintage Effects, Acoustic Pro and Gurus Amps.
The Vintage Effects Expansion Pack includes Dallas Rangemaster Treble Booster, Electro Harmonix Small Clone, Big Muff, Knockout Attack EQ, Boss DM-2 Analog Delay, Voodoo Labs Vibe, Fulltone OCD Overdrive and Demeter Tremulator Tremolo.
The Acoustic Expansion Pack; a complete acoustic tone solution for both acoustic and electric guitar players.
Finally the Gurus Amp Expansion Pack developed with Cicognani Engineering featuring 3 extremely powerful Amps.
Steinberg have announced that they intend Nuendo 6.5 to available in the final quarter of 2014.
Top 10 features
- Automated Loudness processing to both industry standards such as EBU R128 and fully user-definable settings
- Professional bass management including several routing and filter options coming with the new Bass Manager plug-in
- ADR Taker 2.0 introduces a major update of Nuendo’s ADR taker system with enhancements for voice and foley recording such as new playback/recording modes, automated naming schemes and pre-record buffer
- Nuendo TrackVersions allows for creating, renaming and managing parallel versions of the same track plus many addition features far beyond conventional playlists
- Track visibility management speeds up handling especially of large projects by offering dynamic displaying of audio tracks and groups in the project window
- Improved AAF Filter now supports even better import/export to Pro Tools and Media Composer
- New monitoring and metering section for better source management and better overview on the most frequently used functions
- Experience a richer sound with REVelation reverb and Magneto 2, a warm and smooth tape saturation plug-in
- Track Quick Controls can now be saved as presets and loaded for immediate access
- Steinberg Hub with direct access to user-defined folders and news section for the latest Nuendo product updates
The Nuendo Expansion Kit will also be upgrade while if you have activated Nuendo 6 since the 14th April 2014 there will be a free, downloadable update.
Steinberg have announced the release of Cubasis version 1.8 for iOS now with Audiobus 2.0 support, MIDI CC and Automation.
New in version 1.8
- MIDI CC, program change & aftertouch support
- Mixer-side global control panel
- Phase inversion plug-in for audio channels
- Redesigned effect rack
- Audiobus 2.0 support
Minimum system requirements
- iOS 6.0.1
- iPad 2 (48 voices), iPad Generation 3 (64 voices), iPad Generation 4 (64 voices), iPad mini (48 voices)
- Cubase versions required for project import: Cubase 7/6.5, Cubase Artist 7/6.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 6 and Cubase LE/AI/Elements 7
It has happened….
Apple have announced an update to Logic.
Logic Pro X 10.0.7 release highlights as selected by me (SH):
Distortion II plug-in now offers a Distortion Output Level and Mix control
Now possible to activate/deactivate multiple plug-ins on a channel strip by vertically click-dragging the mouse over their power buttons
Auxiliary channel strips assigned to Tracks will now generate audio files with some export options
Of course, it would not be a real TheAudioPodcast update story without highlighting the best bug fixes:
Logic no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when:
Dragging audio from the Project Audio window to the Tracks area.
You insert a blank recordable DVD while Logic is running.
Performing undo after certain operations.
I suspect Adam will be happy……..
The Ardour team have announced the release of Ardour 3.5.357 which fixes critical bugs and is recommended to all users.
Additionally the release all offers stem exporting, touch sensing with Mackie control devices and correct automation recording of faders with the SSL Nucleus. There is also a change to automation data input when using the mouse though this change has been discussed online through the mailing group; a great feature of an open source project.
MOTU have announced the release of Digital Performer 8.06.
Some of the changes with typical TheAudioPodcast focus; improved operation with multiple Core Audio devices running under 10.9, sends can now be dragged and dropped in the mixer, just like effect settings, fix for an issue on Windows where Digidesign Accel HD hardware wouldn’t change sample rate and also improved compatibility with iZotope RX3.
Steinberg have announced the release of Cubase 7.5.10 and Cubase Artist 7.5.10 two maintenance updates.
Update 7.5.10 fixes issues with MixConsole, project management and some plug-ins.
Free and available for download now.
Avid have announced another minor release of ProTools (is this the beginning of a weekly release cycle?).
Version 11.1.2 of ProTools is available now, my (SH) update highlights are,
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly on launch with networked home folders via OS X Open Directory.
- Pro Tools now recognises Finder folders that contain a forward slash “/” in their name.
This high frequency ProTools updates make me (SH) wonder about how frequently I should bother updating applications.
Cubase 7.5 including updates VST Connect SE 2
Steinberg have announced the final Cubase 6.5, Cubase Artist 6.5 and Nuendo 5 maintenance updates recommended for all current users.
Ardour 3.3 has been released. New features are improved metering, a new meterbridge and Freesound integration.
Avoid symbol name conflicts with Aspect LinuxVST plugin, making it possible to use the plugin without semi-random crashes.
Sony have announced the release of Sound Forge Pro 11 with modeless one-touch recording.
New features are also support for input bus effects a new plugin interface and support for BEXT BWY v2 and iXML. Nectar Elements by iZotope are also included as well as well as CALM compliant metering.
Ardour 3.2 has been released and now supports video for ease of soundtrack editing.
It also supports a modular setup from the blurb,
- One machine: all video decoding, video monitoring and Ardour audio
- Two machines: separate video-monitor and Ardour
- Three machines: separate video-server (for timeline decoding and file-archive), dedicated video-monitor and Ardour
Some other changes in the release,
OSC access to send gain parameters and the ability chain together LV2 plugins that accept and output MIDI data.
More details online.
Steinberg have announced Nuendo 6 due for release in the first quarter of 2013 featuring advance surround panning and EBU-compliant metering.
From the blurb,
- Groundbreaking new mixing console for enhanced operational speed, including a brand-new channel strip with high-quality effects
- Nuendo 6 ADR Taker solution for voice recording and language dubbing makes external ADR solution redundant
- Fully integrated loudness measurement, featuring EBU-compliant metering plus a large choice of RMS metering scales and a dedicated loudness lane
- Anymix Pro from IOSONO for state-of-the-art surround productions and Voxengo CurveEQ with sound-matching technology
More details online.
And there is a grace upgrade period from Nuendo 5 details online.
Steinberg have announced Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 due for release December 5th 2012,
Featuring a new MixConsole, Chord track and VariAudio 2.0.
From the blurb,
- The all-new MixConsole stars with brilliant mixing capabilities that give you plenty of workflow improvements
- Integrated channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
- New Chord Track with intelligent composing assistance
- VariAudio 2.0 with harmonizer capabilities and multi-part editing
- VST Connect SE for recording over the net
More details online.
And there is a grace period for recent Cubase 6.5 purchases, details here.
MOTU have announced the release of the minor update 8.01 to Digital Performer available online now.
Avid has released Pro Tools 10.3.1 qualilifed and recommend for OS X 10.8 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
You can get the download online here,
My (SH) highlights of issues fixed in this update,
Unwanted data is no longer appended to the end of record passes under certain conditions.
On Pro Tools HDX systems, 176.4/192kHz sessions are now free of unwanted noise in some specific mixer configurations.
When zoomed into the sample level, waveforms whose clip start is off-screen now draw accurately (instead of One sample late).
Clicking the Automation Follows Edit button now correctly causes the current selection to update to reflect the new state of the button.